Register for a Great Strides Walk
Use your Participant Center Send Emails
Use your Participant Center Update your Personal Page
Get Social With Your Fundraising
Go Mobile Using the Great Strides App
- How do I log into my account?
- Hover over the log in button at the top of the screen and spaces to enter your user name and password will pop up.
- Is my username and password the same as last year?
- Since we have switched to the new web platform, your username and password from last year are no longer valid. Please refer to this registration video (LINK) for detailed instructions on how to register.
- What do I do if I forgot my username and password?
- You can reset your username password at any time. Hover over the Log In button and click the link that says “Forgot your username and password?” Then, follow the prompts.
- Can I register for more than one walk?
- Yes! Before you register for your second walk, first log in using the username and password you created when you registered for your first walk. Then, find the walk you’d like to register for and complete the registration form. When you log into the Great Strides site you will see a “My Events” button at the top, right hand side of the screen. Click this button to visit the Participant Center of each event you registered for.
- I tried to register as a member of a team, but I didn’t see my team listed.
- Your team leader may not have registered yet. Contact your team leader to see if he or she has registered, or if the team name has changed.
- Can I register a family member?
- Yes, when you reach the registration summary screen of the registration process you will be asked if you’d like to register a family member. If you choose to do so, you should enter that person’s contact information, including a unique email address if they have one. You can register each member of your family and click “Complete Registration” when you’re finished.
- Why did I get an email saying I am registered?
- A family member registered you for the walk. See the question below for information on logging into your Great Strides Participant Center.
- A family member registered me, how do I log into my Participant Center?
- If your family member registered you and provided your email address, you will get an email indicating that you’ve been registered for Great Strides and providing a link for you to change your password. Once you’ve changed your password you can log into your Participant Center and start fundraising.
Participant Center FAQs
- How long is the Great Strides walk?
- Most Great Strides walks are 3 miles (5 kilometers).
- What happens if it rains on walk day?
- Great Strides events are rain or shine, so you may need to bring an umbrella or a poncho. In the event of severe weather CF staff may cancel or postpone an event.
- Will there be food and beverages at the walk?
- Yes, all Great Strides events feature at least water and light refreshments.
- Can I bring my dog to the walk?
- You should contact the park or facility at which the event is held to determine if pets are allowed. Service animals are always welcome.
- Does it cost anything to participate in the walk?
- Registration for the event is free. We encourage everyone to fundraise and each walker who raises $100 will get a T-shirt on walk day.
- How can I get a T-shirt on walk day?
- Each walker who raises $100 will receive a T-shirt at the event.
- Is the walk route stroller and wheelchair accessible?
- All Great Strides routes are stroller and wheelchair accessible. If you have additional needs, please contact your local Chapter.
- How can I volunteer on walk day?
- Find your local walk and click on the “volunteer” button at the bottom of the page to submit your interest form to your local Chapter.
- I do not see a walk listed in my hometown? How can I bring Great Strides to my community?
- New walk sites are added every year thanks to the interest and support of local volunteers. If you are interested in hosting a Great Strides walk in your community, please contact your local chapter and tell them you are interested in expanding Great Strides to your neighborhood.