In 2018, 66 hikers along with 13 hike guides participated in our 6th annual Virginia Xtreme Hike event, hiking 26.2 (or 13.1) miles in just 1 day to raise awareness and vital funds towards the CF Foundation’s mission to find a cure for cystic fibrosis. During the 3 months leading up to Xtreme Hike, these hikers trained as a team under the guidance of experienced hike coaches, while raising over $145,000 net!
Xtreme Hike is about reaching new heights physically and philanthropically. It is a journey of passion, determination, and personal triumph, as much as it is an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of people with cystic fibrosis.
We’re thrilled to offer this life-changing experience once again! The 2019 Xtreme Hike is a marathon distance, 26.2 miles in ONE DAY, (a ½ XH 13.1 mile option will also be available) in the beautiful George Washington National Forest and takes place Saturday afternoon Monday morning. All hikers will enjoy accommodations for 3 days and 2 nights at DoubleTree by Hilton in Harrisonburg, VA. This includes a pre-hike “Carb-loading” pasta dinner Saturday, post-hike “Finishers and Recognition” dinner party Sunday, and a “Celebration” breakfast on Monday. As hikers prepare for the physical challenge, they are encouraged to raise $2,500 through their personal and social media campaigns.
The journey of participation includes:
- 3 months of training hikes beginning in June
- Daily workout calendar beginning in June
- Accommodations for 3 days and 2 nights near the trailhead
- Transportation to and from the trail on Hike day
- Aid stations along the trail stocked with refreshing food, beverages, and first aid supplies
- Official Xtreme Hike wicking shirt
- Saturday Pre-hike pasta party
- Sunday Post-hike dinner party
- Monday Celebration breakfast
The journey starts the moment you sign up. You will receive personal coaching, participate in training hikes and connect with a community of people who share your aspiration to reach new heights.