Online registration for Saturday's 6th Annual CF Cycle for Life is no longer available - but we would still love for you to join us. Walk up registrations on Saturday morning are WELCOME starting at 7am and ending at 7:45am. If you have any questions, please call or email Gwyn Taylor at 704-321-7852 or email@example.com. Thank you
About CF Cycle for Life
Get your wheels in motion and join us for the 6th Annual CF Cycle for Life (CFL) in a BRAND NEW LOCATION! We will be starting and ending the ride at The Foundry, right behind Bank of America Stadium, and riding through the cycle friendly outskirts of Charlotte. CFL is a fully-supported ride with 15-mile, 35-mile and 70-mile route options. From breakfast to our cycle post party, you can enjoy fully stocked rest stops every 8-12 miles, bike mechanics for bicycle maintenance and repair, ride marshals to cheer you along the way and plenty of support vehicles to help you complete the ride. This unique event empowers participants to take action and demonstrate their fight in finding a cure for cystic fibrosis in a tangible, emotional and powerful way. This is not a race, so we encourage you to sit back and enjoy the ride! We would love for your friends and family to join us at Draught for the after party to cheer you on as you finish! Friends and Family tickets will be available on ride day for $10 and will include food and one drink ticket. Kids under 16 years old are free.
A few details before Saturday's big ride:
1. THERE IS STILL TIME TO FUNDRAISE BEFORE SATURDAY! Please continue to post on Facebook, send out emails and chat with your friends/family/neighbors/coworkers about what you are doing next weekend. We still need everyone to push forward in order to reach our $105,000 goal.
- Please bring all donations you have collected to ride check in next Saturday.
- If you have any cash/change, please convert it to a money order before turning in.
- Let us know when you check in at the ride if you have any OUTSTANDING donations coming in (including matching gifts) - if you have any questions about matching gifts email Gwyn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Be sure to pack any extra supplies you may need such as tubes, tire patches, etc.
3. Check out the ride routes and familiarize yourself with them. Please keep in mind they are subject to change RIGHT before we ride out so DO NOT print these cue sheets and bring them with you, we will have them provided for you on ride day.
- Directions/Maps: each route can be found above via MapMyRide or click here for the 15 & 35 mile cue sheet and here for the 70 mile cue sheet
- Route Markings:
>As you will see on each of the route maps, each mileage option is represented by a different color. The color of the arrows on the maps for your mileage option will be the same as the arrows on the road on ride day AND the wrist band provided to you in your packet. It is required that you wear your wristband AND your bib during the ride!
>Route Colors: 15 miler purple, 35 miler blue, 70 miler yellow
> DON'T FORGET YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR FOLLOWING NORMAL TRAFFIC LAWS!
4. Packet pick up will be completed AT CHECK IN on Saturday, 10/21 at Draught/The Foundry. Please be sure to check in on Saturday at the specified time for your route and be present for the Mandatory Safety Briefing for all at 7:45am!
- 15 milers: Check In 7:30am, Mandatory Safety Briefing 7:45am, Ride Start 8:30am
- 35 milers: Check in 7:30am, Mandatory Safety Briefing 7:45am, Ride Start 8:30am
- 70 milers: Check In 7am, Mandatory Safety Briefing 7:45am, Ride Start 8am
5. Start/Finish Location: Draught/The Foundry (behind BofA Stadium on Cedar St.) CLICK HERE FOR DIRECTIONS TO DRAUGHT
601 S. Cedar St., Charlotte, NC 28202 We will have greeters to direct you for parking.
6. Start/Finish Line Festivities/Friends & Family: We are excited for you to check out our new digs at Draught. They are providing us with breakfast, lunch and drinks and we will have a DJ, band and yard games to entertain you.
- Please invite your friends and family to come out and cheer you on as you cross the finish line. Friends and family tickets will be available on ride day for $10 and will include food and one drink ticket. Kids under 16 years old are free. Please encourage your guests to bring cash or a check.
- You will have two beer tickets in your packet at check in, don't forget to grab those after you finish the ride. If you are on one of the VIP Club teams (indicated in the rankings below) you will also have a VIP lanyard in your packet. That lanyard indicates your drink tickets are good for any drink in the house AND you get to skip the line for massages.
Registration Fee Schedule:
01/01/2017- 06/30/2017: $5
07/01/2017- 07/31/2017: $25
08/01/2017- 09/30/2017: $35
Fundraising Minimum: $150 (Registration fees are not included in fundraising minimum.)
Minimum Pledge Requirement Policy: The minimum pledge requirement of $150 is due on or before event day. If you have met your minimum pledge by the day of the event, we encourage you to keep fundraising. Reach for the stars and earn great prizes. Even though the minimum is due by the day of the event, you have one month after the event to earn great CF Cycle for Life prizes. The average amount a participant raises is $671. Registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable and do not count towards your fundraising minimum. Thank you for adding tomorrows for people with cystic fibrosis.
Riders ages 16 and up may participate.
Bike helmets are required to ride.
Learn more about other CF Cycle For Life® rides across the country.
Volunteer for the CF Cycle for Life
Would you like to join the volunteer team or do you know someone who would enjoy being a part of a winning team? There are many skill-enhancing and fun volunteer opportunities to experience. The contribution of each volunteer helps make CF Cycle for Life more enjoyable and it helps raise funds to cure cystic fibrosis.Become a Volunteer
Cycle Goal: $105,000.00
Raised: $68,910.36Donate Now
Check-in: 70 Mile Check In: 7am 35 & 15 Mile Check In: 7:30am MANDATORY Safety Briefing: 7:45am
Start Time: 70 Mile Ride Start: 8am 35 & 15 Mile Ride Start: 8:30am
Route Mileages: 15, 35 & 70
Chapter: Carolinas - Charlotte Chapter
Event Location: The Foundry/Draught Restaurant & Bar,
Event Coordinator Name: Gwyn Taylor
Event Coordinator Email: email@example.com
Event Coordinator Phone: 704.321.7852
Please convert cash donations into a money order or check before mailing or bringing to the event.