About the Hike
Our Xtreme Hike at the Grand Canyon is one of the most challenging in the country. Where else can you conquer one of the seven natural wonders of the world?! The Arizona chapter of the CF Foundation hosts this extraordinary endurance event to raise awareness and funds to help those with CF live full, productive lives and to one day find a cure.
The CF Foundation Xtreme Hike requires sacrifice and determination, and challenges each hiker to reach personal and philanthropic milestones which celebrate and support those living with CF. In addition to the physical commitment, each hiker takes on the challenge to reach a fundraising goal of $3,500 or more!
Due to the popularity of our Xtreme Hikes at the Grand Canyon, three are scheduled in 2020:
- The Spring Xtreme Hike takes place March 20-22. Hikers descend on the South Kaibab Trail, hike to Phantom Ranch, and ascend on the Bright Angel Trail. Due to closure of the North Rim between October 14 and May 14 each year, this hike stays on the South Rim. This is a 17.3-mile hike.
- The Summer Xtreme Hike is May 15-17. Hikers will descend on the Bright Angel Trail and ascend on the North Kaibab Trail. This is a 23.5-mile South Rim to North Rim Hike.
- The Fall Xtreme Hike is September 11-13. Hikers will descend the North Kaibab Trail and ascend the Bright Angel Trail. This is a 23.5-mile North Rim to South Rim hike.
Only 24 spots are available on each of the Grand Canyon Xtreme Hikes. All three offer the opportunity to complete an epic hike in a location unlike any other. Due to the difficulty of this hike and the dangers inherent to Xtreme Hiking, we reserve the right to restrict hikers from entering the Grand Canyon and/or completing the challenge if not sufficiently prepared.
THIS EVENT FILLS UP QUICKLY. Registration will be accepted on a first-come first-served basis.
The Hikers Journey
Summer Xtreme Hike – May 15-17, 2020
Hikers check-in at the CFF Arizona Chapter office in Phoenix, AZ on Friday, May 15th. All Xtreme Hikers travel together on a comfortable motor coach to the South Rim where lodging is provided (double occupancy) for one night. The group enjoys a pre-hike dinner on Friday evening.
On Saturday morning, May 16th, Hikers board an early bus to the Bright Angel Trailhead. Over 23 miles later, upon exiting the Canyon on the North Kaibab Trail, Hikers enjoy a ‘Top of the Rim’ celebration. Hikers are then shuttled to the lodge for dinner on their own. Lodging is provided (double occupancy) for one night.
On Sunday morning, May 17th, Hikers may enjoy the breakfast buffet at their leisure and then a Recognition Ceremony caps the Xtreme Hike experience before our return to Phoenix.
Included in Your Xtreme Experience
- Detailed Hiker Packet with training schedule, fundraising tips, apparel/gear list, FAQs
- Regular communication with an experienced Hike Guide to answer your questions
- Transportation from Phoenix to the Grand Canyon and back
- Lodging for two nights
- Friday dinner, Saturday breakfast, Sunday breakfast
- Supplemental trail food
- Top of the Rim Celebration when you exit the Canyon
- Xtreme Hike branded shirt
- Recognition Ceremony on Sunday following breakfast
SPONSOR THE 2020 ARIZONA SERIES OF THREE XTREME HIKES
Would you like to join the select group of Sponsors for Arizona's Xtreme Hikes at the Grand Canyon? Funds raised will support the mission of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation to cure cystic fibrosis and to provide all people with the disease the opportunity to lead full, productive lives by funding research and drug development, promoting individualized treatments, and ensuring access to high-quality, specialized care.
Despite tremendous progress, we are not yet done. To learn how you can become an Xtreme Hike sponsor, please contact Toni Bauman at email@example.com or 602-224-0068.
View our available sponsorship packages here.