About CF Cycle for Life
While the COVID-19 pandemic has put the "brakes" on social events, we cannot pause on our path to a cure. The Metro D.C. Chapter of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is excited to announce that we are taking our September 20th Metro D.C. Cycle for Life event virtual. While we will miss riding with you in person, we are thrilled to be able keep our 10-year tradition alive. Even though we will not be together in person, we can be together in spirit—showing the strength of our community and passion to find a cure for all people living with cystic fibrosis. During times of uncertainty and volatility, your dedicated support gives us confidence as we stay on course to achieve our mission.
How do I Participate?
1. Register for Cycle for Life
2. Follow us on Facebook for all the fun and important updates
3. Download the Cycle for Life app to make mobile check deposits and track fundraising
4. Download the Strava app to track cycling GPS data, partake in challenges, and share milestones with fellow participants – Stay tuned for more details to come
5. Get out and Ride on September 20th – We will host a pre-ride virtual start and post-ride virtual happy hour to celebrate!
4. Spread the joy! And Invite a #CFLteammate to join you (at a safe distance or even from another state!) Now that we are virtual, the ride can be done ANYWHERE!
5. You can continue fundraising online by leveraging the tools in the CF Cycle for Life Participant Center, Facebook Fundraising, and the mobile app, to reach your goal to help you meet the suggested fundraising minimum.
Moving forward, there will be no registration fee to participate virtually. For those riders who have already paid the $25 fee, we will happily credit this towards your suggested fundraising minimum of $250. Which will help get you closer to the Virtual Participation Package!
What is the Virtual Participation Package?
• All virtual participants that raise $250 will receive an event t-shirt and medal
• Raise $750, add Cycle for Life Jersey to your package
• Raise $2,500, add the matching cycling shorts!
* All items in participation package will be mailed as soon as the CFF warehouse is open and operating. Thank you for your understanding.
Suggested Fundraising Minimum: $250
Learn more about other CF Cycle For Life® rides across the country.
Volunteer for the CF Cycle for Life
Would you like to join the volunteer team or do you know someone who would enjoy being a part of a winning team? There are many skill-enhancing and fun volunteer opportunities to experience. The contribution of each volunteer helps make CF Cycle for Life more enjoyable and it helps raise funds to cure cystic fibrosis.Become a Volunteer
Cycle Goal: $65,000.00
Raised: $13,494.50Donate Now
Check-in: 7:30 AM
Start Time: 8:00 AM
Chapter: Metro DC
Event Location: Ride Where You Are,
Event Coordinator Name: Brigitte Keen
Event Coordinator Email: email@example.com
Event Coordinator Phone: 301-215-7427
Please convert cash donations into a money order or check before mailing or bringing to the event.