About CF Cycle for Life
While COVID-19 has pumped the "brakes" on many social events, we cannot pause on our path to a cure. We are pleased to announce that we have re-imagined our CF Cycle for Life event.
Though we will not be riding together in person this year, we will remain stronger together. The Connecticut Chapter invites you to register for the CF Cycle for Life and join the cystic fibrosis community across Connecticut in our 65 Roses Challenge.
Beginning August 15 and ending October 18, we are challenging YOU to join us in our virtual CF Cycle for Life to help us reach our goal, support our life saving mission AND have a chance to win exciting prizes. Join our club on Strava: Connecticut Chapter Cycle Club to connect with other riders where you can support and challenge each other and track your progress! You’ll have 65 days to saddle up and help us reach our goal: bike 6.5 miles/day or 65 minutes/day or a total of 650 during the 65 day challenge! No matter where you ride, you can help us pedal closer to a cure.
Join us for our virtual Opening Ceremony on Saturday, August 15, 10:00 AM on Facebook Live.
How do I participate?
- Register to Participate Virtually. Register and participate virtually in CT Cycle for Life and help us stay the course and advance our mission in an uncertain time. While we can’t be together in person, we can be together in spirit and participate virtually - showing the strength of our community and passion to find a cure for all people living with cystic fibrosis. There will be no registration fee to participate virtually and any fees paid prior to this announcement will be credited to your fundraising efforts.
- Recruit. Recruit others to participate with you (at a safe distance or even from another state). Now that we are virtual, you can participate anywhere!
- Fundraise. Fundraise online by leveraging the tools in the Participant Center, the mobile app, and Fundraise on Facebook to reach your goal. Create a virtual passion fundraising event by developing a fundraising event through your favorite hobby, activity, or passion.
- Share your Journey. Wear your Cystic Fibrosis Foundation branded apparel, custom team t-shirt, or a past event shirt while you walk, run, or cycle. Share how you’re participating by sharing your story and posting a selfie on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Make sure to tag the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (@CF_Foundation) and use the hashtags: #CFCycleforLife, #65RosesChallenge or #Together65 to keep the energy and momentum going strong!
- Celebrate! We want to celebrate you and your participation in the 65 Roses Challenge! Join us for our Virtual Closing Ceremony on October 4. At the conclusion of your event you’ll receive a certificate of completion and the option to redeem a reward 30 days post event. Share your success on social by tagging the CF Foundation (@CF_Foundation) and use the hashtags: #CFCycleforLife, #65RosesChallenge or #Together65 to let everyone know you completed your 65 Roses Challenge.
Volunteer for the CF Cycle for Life
Would you like to join the volunteer team or do you know someone who would enjoy being a part of a winning team? There are many skill-enhancing and fun volunteer opportunities to experience. The contribution of each volunteer helps make CF Cycle for Life more enjoyable and it helps raise funds to cure cystic fibrosis.Become a Volunteer
Cycle Goal: $77,500.00
Raised: $2,600.00Donate Now
Start Time: TBD
Route Mileages: TBD
Chapter: Connecticut Chapter
Event Location: Virtual Event,
Event Coordinator Name: Pam Chudzik
Event Coordinator Email: email@example.com
Event Coordinator Phone: (860) 632-7300
Please convert cash donations into a money order or check before mailing or bringing to the event.