Airgas Great Strides
Airgas, Inc. (NYSE: ARG), through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation's leading suppliers of industrial, medical and specialty gases, and hardgoods, such as welding equipment and related products. Airgas is a leading U.S. producer of atmospheric gases with 16 air separation plants, a leading producer of carbon dioxide, dry ice, and nitrous oxide, one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products, and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
More than 15,000 associates work in approximately 1,100 locations, including branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty gas labs, production facilities, and distribution centers. Airgas also markets its products and services through e-Business, catalog, and telesales channels. Its national scale and strong local presence offer a competitive edge to its diversified customer base.
- Airgas is a proud supporter of many charitible organizations including Operation Homefront, which provides emergency assistance to American troops and their families. Airgas conducts Welding 101 classes for veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan service who are interested in exploring careers in that field. Airgas associates nationwide undertake fundraisers to support the organization. Each regional company and business unit has a designated point person to work with the local Operation Homefront chapter.
- The Airgas Disaster Relief Fund, which started in 1989, assists associates through contributions from their fellow employees and matching funds from the company. The fund proved vital during the great Midwest floods of 1993, when many individuals received interest-free loans to help them get back on their feet. After Hurricane Katrina, Airgas associates contributed generously to the Disaster Relief Fund, matched dollar-for-dollar by the company. Most recently the program assisted employees effected by Hurricane Sandy.
- Airgas continues to work with in partnership with the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation to help find a cure for this disease, sponsoring fundraising walks, providing matching funds and deploying the Airgas “choppers” for events. These motorcycles were created in 2007 for Airgas’ 25th anniversary by Orange County Choppers, the famed builders of custom motorcycles. One features a gas tank that resembles a cylinder, reflecting the proud history of the company, while the other bike represents the bright future of Airgas, through its sleek, streamlined frame.
By participating in Great Strides as a national corporate team, we are making a difference in the communities that we work in and at the same time, we are making an incredible difference to the lives of all people with cystic fibrosis (CF).
Great Strides is the CF Foundation’s largest fundraising event and we are walking as a company this year to help find a cure for CF! We would like to invite you to join us. You’ll be helping to achieve our national corporate team goal while having fun in your offices, and engaging locally with your community.
If you would like to know more about CF and how it effects patients please review the following video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff0weXaR3uM&feature=youtu.be
Additional videos can be found at the CFF.org Youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/CysticFibrosisUSA
By utilizing the same results-driven approach of a successful, for-profit company, the CF Foundation has created an innovative business model that is making a difference in the lives of those with cystic fibrosis. Today, nearly half of all people with CF are adults over the age of 18 and we can be a part of advancing this progress and helping to find a treatment or cure for ALL people with CF!
We’re proud to be a part of this game-changing and efficient organization. So, sign up today! Here’s how you can participate:
1. Create or renew your team! Click on ‘Find a Walk/Team’; type in your zip-code, select your walk and follow the prompts. Don’t forget to select that you are a part of our national corporate team.
2. You can join any of our existing teams as a walker or virtually by clicking ‘Find a Walk/Team’ and search for our company team.
3. Reach out to us to share your ideas!
Thank you for walking today, and adding tomorrows…