About Our Event
After a two-year hiatus, the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation San Diego Chapter is excited to host Surf for CF in-person at La Jolla Shores. Surfers of all experience levels are invited to join us for a day of friendly competition, celebration and the knowledge that you are helping CF stand for Cure Found!
HOW TO GET STARTED:
Register. Register as a four-person Surf team or as an individual – we will team you up!
Recruit. Recruit others to join your team! Friends, family, and co-workers can join you as a Surfer or Virtual Surfer. (You can have four Surfers and an unlimited number of Virtual Surfers on your team!)
Fundraise. Fundraise online by leveraging the tools in the Participant Center, the Fight CF mobile app, and Fundraise on Facebook to reach your goal. Create a virtual passion fundraising event around your favorite hobby, activity, or passion.
- There is a maximum of four SURFERS per team that will particpate in the competition. You can have an unlimited number of VIRTUAL SURFERS.
- This year there is no registration fee, but we ask that each SURFER commit to a fundraising minimum of $165, which will include your Surf for CF rash guard to wear during and keep after the competition.
- VIRTUAL SURFERS are teammates who want to show support through fundraising efforts for the team. There is no fundraising minimum for virtual surfers, but they are eligible for fundraising prizes.
- The contest will be judged on a point system. The three teams with the highest points at the end of the open rounds will advance to the Finals to compete for prizes.
- PLEASE REMEMBER: This is a foamies only surf competition. PARTICIPANTS MUST BRING A FOAM BOARD TO SURF.
- We have LIMITED space and can only allow 20 TEAMS to compete in this years’ contest. Please be sure to sign your team up quickly so as not to miss out on this exciting event and fun day in the sun supporting the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation!
There are many positive aspects of the ocean and surfing lifestyle - mental, emotional, and physical – for which people living with cystic fibrosis can benefit. Did you know that surfers played a role in the development of hyper-tonic saline, an important treatment for those living with cystic fibrosis? Inhaling salt water re-hydrates the lining of the lungs and loosens the thick mucus that builds up, thus reducing recurrent infections alongside its associated lung damage and respiratory failure.
This relationship between CF and surfing sparked the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation’s San Diego team to create the country’s first Surf for CF event in 2016. Hosted at La Jolla Shores, the event features surf lessons for people living with CF and an open-registration team style surf contest.
SURF FOR CF EVENT INFO:
When: SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 10, 2022
Time: Check-In 9:00 AM | Competition starts at 10:00 AM
Where: La Jolla Shores | 8302 Camino Del Oro La Jolla, CA 92037
For more information, please contact:
San Diego Chapter | email@example.com | 858-452-28739
In lieu of cash, we ask that you make all payments/contributions to the CF Foundation with a credit card or check. We accept all major credit cards. Thank you for understanding.
Events may be subject to change at any time, based on health concerns, including concerns based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health officials. In these instances when events are moved to a virtual format, sponsorship benefits may be adjusted to suit the virtual format.
Congratulations to our 65 Roses Champions
Become a 65 Roses Champion by raising $1,000. Together, let's make CF stand for Cure Found.
Team CF Goal: $45,000.00
Raised: $600.00Donate Now
Team CF Details
Date: September 10, 2022
Check-in: 9:00 AM
Start Time: 10:00 AM
Location: La Jolla Shores Park,
La Jolla, CA
Please convert cash donations into a money order or check before mailing or bringing to the event.