My Xtreme Hike Story
My name is Sommer Haskins, and I am participating in a fundraiser for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. I will be hiking the Grand Canyon Rim to Rim in early June. The hike takes place in one day and will be an extreme challenge, but one I am up for! The reason for my hike is to help raise money and to contribute to finding a cure for cystic fibrosis. I have multiple people in my life who have been touched by CF and by raising money and awareness maybe one day we can find a cure. Your donation will go directly to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
A few details about the hike:
In one day, I will:
- Be covering almost 24 miles
- Be taking over 53,000 steps along the trail
- Will descend 5761 feet down the North Kaibab Trail and ascend 4380 feet going up Bright Angel Trail
A few details about the CFF:
- The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is the world's leader in the search for a cure for CF and supports a broad range of research initiatives to tackle the disease from all angles.
- The funds donated are being used to accelerate the development of lifesaving new therapies, to provide high-quality, specialized care and programs that support people with CF and their families, and to pursue daring new opportunities to one day find a lifelong cure.
- CFF is consistently recognized at GuideStar's Platinum level, affirming our organization's commitment to transparency and fidelity in all that we do.
If you’re able to contribute towards my goal and support the CFF I would be so very grateful. You can donate through the attached link. Thank you!
Please support me!
We are at a pivotal moment in the history of cystic fibrosis and your support matters. With your help, we can invest our resources in research today, while raising funds for tomorrow, to ensure we have what it takes to reach the finish line. Together, we can make CF stand for Cure Found. Please help me reach my fundraising goal by donating to my Xtreme Hike fundraising campaign today!