About Our Xtreme Hike
Grand Canyon Xtreme Hike is one of the most challenging in the country. Where else can you conquer one of the seven natural wonders of the world?! The Arizona Chapter of the CF Foundation hosts this extraordinary endurance event to raise awareness and funds to help those with CF live long, fulfilling lives and to one day find a cure.
The CF Foundation Grand Canyon Xtreme Hike requires sacrifice and determination, and challenges each hiker to reach personal and philanthropic milestones which celebrate and support those living with CF. In addition to the physical commitment, each hiker takes on the challenge to reach a fundraising goal of $4,000 or more!
- The 2023 Grand Canyon Summer Xtreme Hike is June 2-4. Hikers will descend the North Kaibab Trail and ascend the Bright Angel Trail. This is a 23.9-mile North Rim to South Rim hike.
- The 2023 Grand Canyon Fall Xtreme Hike is September 29-October 1. Hikers will descend on the Bright Angel Trail and ascend on the North Kaibab Trail. This is a 23.9-mile South Rim to North Rim hike.
Only 25 spots are available on each of the Grand Canyon Xtreme Hikes. THIS EVENT FILLS UP QUICKLY. Registration will be accepted on a first-come first-served basis.
Due to the difficulty of this hike and the dangers inherent to Xtreme Hiking, we reserve the right to restrict hikers from entering the Grand Canyon and/or completing the challenge if not sufficiently prepared.
The Hikers Journey
2023 Grand Canyon SUMMER Xtreme Hike – June 2-4
Hikers check-in at the CFF Arizona Chapter office in Phoenix, AZ on Friday, June 2nd. All Xtreme Hikers travel together on a comfortable motor coach to the North Rim where lodging is provided (double occupancy) for one night. The group enjoys a pre-hike dinner on Friday evening.
On Saturday morning, June 3rd, hikers board an early bus to the North Kaibab Trailhead. Over 23 miles later, upon exiting the Canyon on the Bright Angel Trail, hikers enjoy a ‘Top of the Rim’ celebration. Hikers are then shuttled to the lodge for dinner on their own. Lodging is provided (double occupancy) for one night.
On Sunday morning, June 4th, hikers enjoy breakfast at their leisure. After breakfast, a Recognition Celebration caps the Xtreme Hike experience at the resort or on the return trip to Phoenix.
Included in Your Xtreme Experience
- Detailed Hiker Packet with training schedule, fundraising tips, apparel/gear list, FAQs
- Welcome Guide
- Regular communication with an experienced Hike Guide to answer your questions
- Transportation from Phoenix to the Grand Canyon and back
- Lodging for two nights (based on double occupancy of two hikers)
- Friday dinner, Saturday breakfast, Sunday breakfast
- Supplemental trail food
- Top of the Rim Celebration when you exit the Canyon
- Xtreme Hike branded shirt
- Recognition Celebration on Sunday following breakfast
Sponsor the 2023 Series of Arizona Xtreme Hikes
Would you like to join the select group of Sponsors for Arizona's Grand Canyon Xtreme Hikes? Funds raised will support the mission of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation to cure cystic fibrosis and to provide all people with CF the opportunity to lead long fulfilling lives by funding research and drug development, partnering with the CF community, and advancing high-quality, specialized care. Despite tremendous progress, we are not yet done. To learn how you can become an Xtreme Hike sponsor, please contact Toni Bauman at email@example.com or 602-224-0068.
Thank you Sponsors.
We want to thank our generous national sponsors - silver national sponsors AbbVie and Vertex. Thank you, American Airlines, our Outstanding Corporate Supporter.
We also want to thank our local sponsors who continue to help advance our mission.---
In lieu of cash, we ask that you make all payments/contributions to the CF Foundation with a credit card or check. We accept all major credit cards. Thank you for understanding.Events may be subject to change at any time, based on health concerns, including concerns based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health officials. In these instances when events are moved to a virtual format, sponsorship benefits may be adjusted to suit the virtual format.