My Xtreme Hike Story
Xtreme hike #10! And we are going back to Dolly Sods in WV, where we went for Xtreme Hike #3 that was cut short due to Xtreme weather (Xtremely cold and windy day that turned into Xtremely dangerous conditions)
I am very exited this year for several reasons:
1. I am still hiking and raising funds and awareness for my son Thomas and all living with CF.
2. Thomas may join me :)
3. I am attempting hiking 26ish miles again after spending the past three years being limited to 1/2 hike due to feet injuries.
4. I am very thankful we are going back to Dolly Sods.
5. Corey and Michaela are coming back! (Corey and his guides took us through so many adventures in the woods)
6. The Austin family and many volunteers will be there to support us (on the trails and online with fundraising)
7. I will see the VA Xtrme hike family again and get to spend an amazing weekend.
Xtreme Hike is a very special event and I and very thankful I have been part of it since its begining and met so many wondeful people, people who care about a common cause: CF. As one Xtreme Hiker once said: "We will move mountains for Cystic Fibrosis. If we cannot move them, we will climb them."
There has been great developments in CF in the past 16 years and Thomas is lucky to benefit from some of them. But there is NO CURE and we need your help. We need HOPE for all living with CF. HOPE for a brighter and healthier future and this is what your donations do for Thomas and all living with CF. We hope we can count on you.
Thank you for your generosity.