About Our Great Strides Walk
How do I participate?
Register to Participate Virtually. Register and participate virtually in the Metro D.C. Chapter 65 Roses Challenge and help us stay the course and advance our mission in an uncertain time. While we can’t be together in person, we can be together in spirit and participate virtually - showing the strength of our community and passion to find a cure for all people living with cystic fibrosis.
Recruit. Recruit others to participate with you (at a safe distance or even from another state). Now that we are virtual, you can participate anywhere!
Fundraise. Fundraise online by leveraging the tools in the Participant Center, the mobile app, and Fundraise on Facebook to reach your goal. Create a virtual passion fundraising event by developing a fundraising event through your favorite hobby, activity, or passion.
Take the 65 Roses Challenge. – Beginning July 6th and ending September 9th, we are challenging YOU to hit the following milestones.
- Recruit more team members to walk with you virtually or socially distanced for the next 65 days.
- Track of how many miles you walk over the next 65 days. Can you do 65 miles in 65 days or more?
- Ask your teamMATES to make at least a $65 self-donation in honor of our 65 years as a Foundation.
- Ask each of your teamMATES set a personal $650 goal and set up a Facebook fundraiser to reach it. Need help setting up your Facebook Fundraiser? Watch a tutorial here.
- In honor of our Foundation’s 65th Anniversary– set a team goal of an additional $6,500 over the next 65 days and share the 65 Roses story!
- Spread the word about the challenge! The more people we get involved the more fun we have and the more money we raise for CFF!
Each week we will celebrate our team’s milestones! To compete for a spot on our Leader Board, remember to submit your progress to email@example.com! We will be updating our Leader Board every Wednesday.
Share your Journey. Wear your CF Foundation branded apparel, custom team t-shirt, or a past Great Strides shirt while you walk or run. Share your participation in Great Strides and the 65 Roses Challenge by sharing your story and posting a selfie on social media. Make sure to tag the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (@CF_Foundation + @CFFMetroDC) and use the hashtags: #GreatStrides; #65RosesChallenge and #Together65 to keep the energy and momentum going strong!
Celebrate! We want to celebrate you and your participation in the Metro D.C. Chapter 2020 Great Strides Campaign! Share your success on social by tagging the CF Foundation (@CF_Foundation + @CFFMetroDC) and use the hashtags: #GreatStrides, #65RosesChallenge, or #Together65 to let everyone know you completed your 65 Roses Challenge.
We cordially invite you to join together virtually with us on Wednesday, September 30th at 4:30PM to celebrate the 2020 Great Strides Campaign.
Virtual Celebration: 4:30PM September 30, 2020
Location: Wherever You Are
Stay Tuned for additional details.
Thank you Sponsors! We want to thank our generous national and regional sponsors - gold national sponsor, AbbVie, our silver national sponsor, Vertex, our bronze sponsors, Genentech and Gilead, and our regional sponsor, Mylan. Thank you to our local sponsors who continue to help advance our mission – Quantum / Daniel Emerson House, Strategic Business Solutions, Celerity.
Mary Martinez: firstname.lastname@example.org | (301) 215-7430
Brigitte Keen: email@example.com | (301) 215-7427
Addison Teng: firstname.lastname@example.org| (301) 215-7423
Megan Sands: email@example.com | (301) 215-7424