There are approximately 30,000 Americans living with cystic fibrosis. They are moms, dads, sisters, brothers, daughters, sons, and friends who struggle every day just to breathe. We walk for them. But most of all, we walk for our son Miles with the hope of adding more tomorrows to his future. Join us and support our fundraising goal!
W h a t i s C y s t i c F i b r o s i s ?
CF is a progressive, genetic disease that causes persistent lung infections and limits the ability to breathe over time. A thick, sticky mucus coats the lung and other organs, clogs airways and traps germs leading to infections, inflammation, respiratory failure, and other complications. In the pancreas, this buildup of mucus prevents the release of digestive enzymes that help the body absorb food and key nutrients, resulting in malnutrition and poor growth. There is currently no cure for CF.
S y m p t o m s o f C F
• Very salty-tasting skin
• Persistent coughing
• Frequent lung infections including pneumonia or bronchitis
• Wheezing or shortness of breath
• Poor growth or weight gain in spite of a good appetite
• Difficulty with bowl movements
• Male infertility
M i l e s ' D i a g n o s i s
When we first received Miles' diagnosis at six days old, we were devastated. All we could think about was the endless hopsital visits, pills, medicines, and treatments ahead of us. Thanks to the CF community, our outlook has changed drastically since then and we now understand that Miles has an amazing future ahead of him! It will come with challenges, of course, but we are prepared to face them with the incredible support of our family, friends, and the CF community. Liam and I are thrilled to be participating in our first Great Strides walk together and look forward to doing many more in the future.
H o w c a n y o u h e l p ?
• Donate to our fundraiser! Every cent goes to research to find a cure for CF. How cool will it be when Miles can one day look back and say, "Remember when I had CF?"
• Click "Join Kellee's Team" at the top of the page and join us at Millenium Park on May 17 to walk with us! This event is the largest of its kind in Michigan and we would love to see as many of your beautiful faces as possible!
• Say a prayer for our family as Miles continues to fight <3