Ok, I will be Captain Obvious. 2020 has thrown us all for a loop and is filled with uncertainty at every angle (see, told you I'd be Captain Obvious).
There are some things that remain the same, even during this pandemic:
1. Hayden still has cystic fibrosis (genetic disease, no cure, elite club of about 30,000 Americans).
2. He still takes at least 25 pills every day (breakfast=10, lunch=5, snacks=4, dinner=7).
3. Hayden still spends at least 1 hour every day doing airway clearance (nebulized meds and vibrating vest clear thick, sticky mucous from his lungs; BTW, treatments double if he has a cough).
4. He is still an amazing kid (despite CF; ok yes, I admit he's a teen, so sometimes I may or may not call that into question ;)).
5. And most of all, Hayden still needs a cure.
So despite the pandemic and the uncertainties we all face, fundraising for the CF Foundation on behalf of "Hayden's Team" continues to be critical. Hayden needs your donation today.
When you donate to the CF Foundation you give:
1. Funding for amazingly successful medical progress that has lengthened the lives of people living with CF (the average life expectancy of a child born with CF has doubled in the last 25 years due primarily to drug development sponsored and overseen by the CF Foundation! BTW, when Hayden was diagnosed, were told his life expectancy was be mid 30's).
2. Funding for innovative, ground breaking treatments that improve the lives of people living with CF (there are over 30 drugs and therapies in various stages of clinical trials!).
3, Hope (see that whole mid 30's thing above, ah, NOPE! NOT ACCEPTABLE. Am I right, or am I right?).
4. One day, a cure (this is where the blowing horn emoji goes!)!
I know that many are facing economic difficulities right now. If you can spare $5, it will make a difference (and I will be grateful). Will you make a donation today?
And if you want to show your support by walking "with us" virtually on Sept. 27, Hayden's Team always has room for more teammates (or sit on your couch, deck, porch and "walk with us" in spirit; that works too).
We need you in this fight with us! Thank you for your support!
In hopes of a cure,