Here we go again! It’s that time of year when we rally for Drew and everyone living with cystic fibrosis. On May 20th, we’re participating in the Great Strides Walk to cure CF, and we could use your help. Every donation helps as we make progress toward a cure for CF.
As a result of the medical breakthroughs for CF, the Make-A-Wish Foundation announced that, starting next year, people with CF will no longer automatically qualify to have a wish granted. Though this might sound bad at first, it’s great news because it means people with CF have a much better prognosis than in years past. Drew was granted a wish almost 20 years ago, which she wrote about here: https://www.drewdotson.com/post/did-ashton-kutcher-get-punk-d. Ashton Kutcher even responded!
Drew has celebrated many wins over the past year:
- Secured a literary agent who is seeking a publisher for her memoir
- Witnessed the unveiling of the Judge Ramón Alvarado Bridge
- Traveled to London and Wales
- Had several essays published (Read more and subscribe at www.drewdotson.com — and spread the word!)
Although Drew is thriving, her heart aches for her friends with CF who haven’t yet benefitted from medical breakthroughs due to their rare genetic mutations. Though 90% of the CF population is flourishing, the remaining 10% is still waiting for something — anything — to improve their prognosis. We want a better life for everyone with CF.
Please support Drew’s Crew by donating TODAY!
By mail: If you prefer to mail your donation, please make your check payable to the CF Foundation. Mail it to Carol Dotson, 2615 Hawthorne Dr NE, Atlanta, GA 30345.