Hi family and friends!,
Please take a moment to read about someone near and dear to my heart. My best friend, Erica Tarnacki, is the mother of a beautiful, sweet and rambunctious 4 year old boy named Lincoln. He loves cars, trucks (anything that goes!), his little sister Abigail and talking on the phone! He is so incredibly adorable! Lincoln was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis about a week after he was born. His mom and dad work their booties off day in and day out fighting this disease. Please take a moment to read the following letter. In it she describes what exactly CF is, how it affects their family, and what is being done to find a cure. If you feel like this is something you're inclined to join, share or make a donation, we would very greatly appreciate it! Great Strides is working very hard to find a cure for this horrible disease. The government provides zero funding towards research for this illness so every little bit counts! Thank you for your consideration!
We walk in Great Strides because it gives us some control back in a world where CF controls so much. We walk because we have seen so many amazing things happen in the 3 short years we have been a part of the CF community because of money raised. We walk because Lincoln doesn't have a choice, he has to fight everyday, so we have to fight everyday too. We walk because we want to add more tomorrows for Lincoln and all those fighting CF. So please help us as we fight to make CF stand for Cure Found, we can't do this alone!! Every donation matters and every step counts!!
There are approximately 30,000 Americans living with cystic fibrosis. They are moms, dads, sisters, brothers, daughters, sons, friends and co-workers who struggle every day just to breathe. I walk for them and hope you will support me in my efforts.
Real progress has been made in the search for a cure, but the lives of people with CF are still cut far too short. There still is no cure for this devastating disease. By walking today, I am helping add tomorrows to the lives of people living with cystic fibrosis. Will you join me? Support me by making a donation to my Great Strides fundraising campaign today!
Great Strides is a fun, family-friendly event that raises awareness and support for people with CF and their families.
Please support me!
Help me reach my fundraising goal by donating to my Great Strides fundraising campaign. Your gift will help add tomorrows to the lives of people with cystic fibrosis by supporting life-saving research and medical progress. Your gift is 100-percent tax deductible.
• CF affects 30,000 people in the US and 70,000 world wide
• only 10 Babies are born with CF in Ga every year
• CF affects everyone organ in the body but especially the lungs and pancreas
• CF causes thick mucous to build up in the lungs which allows bacteria to become trapped and can lead to irreversible lung damage
• CF cause the pancreas to not function properly therefore they cannot absorb the proper nutrients from food. They require panceratic enzymes in order to eat.
• The average life expectancy for someone with CF is 38 (let that sink in) 38!
Here are some Linky CF facts:
• He takes 25 pills everyday just to be able to eat, that's 175 pills a week...
• Link does 2 hrs of vest therapy everyday and 4 hrs when he is sick. By the time he is 12 he will have done the equivalent of a yrs worth of therapy...
• He also does 3 inhaled breathing treatments with the vest and 1 inhaler
• He takes 4 oral medicines everyday
• He has to have extra salt bc in CF their bodies expel twice the Amt of salt as we do.
• Link require twice as many calories as we do so we must add extra fat and calories to everything he eats.
• something as small as a cold can land us in the hospital for 2 weeks of iv antibiotics (so wash your hands and stear clear of us when your sick)
All of this and Lincoln is 4!! CF has forced him to have to grow up much quicker than he should have and that is why we so desperately need a cure!! Please feel free to ask me any and all questions you may have about CF!!