Hi Family and Friends!
We are profoundly grateful for those who have supported us in our devotion to a better tomorrow for Arlo and all those fighting Cystic Fibrosis. It brings to mind song lyrics that are near and dear to our hears"Let there be songs to fill the air", you have filled our lives with so much hope. We started singing the song "Ripple" by the Grateful Dead to Arlo when he was in the hospital during his first days of life and it became a way for us to make peace with the life we have been given. Since Arlo was born Team Arlo has Raised over $20,000!!!
Arlo is currently 18 months old and loves cooking in his pretend kitchen, playing at the park, and hanging out with his neighborhood buddies. Arlo is a big bright light and every day it is clear to us that he is a fighter. He recently got his new Airway Clearance Vest and loves showing it off to other people. His pulmonologist has reminded us that even though he is super healthy, he will still face major challenges due to his CF.
Arlo's Fight Against CF Includes:
- 25 pills per day that he takes in order to absorb fat and nutrients from his food.
- Weekly PT, OT, and SP to help him manage his CF and maintain optimal health
- 30 minutes of Airway clearance treatments a day
- 30 minutes of breathing treatments a day
- 6 different medications taken daily
- Appreciation for all the joy in between :)
Ways You Can Help
Join a Team Arlo event:
- Fundraise and Hike with us in Vail!
- Team Arlo will be walking for Great Strides at Sloans Lake on 5/14, come walk with us!
- Click on the join my team and register as a 'virtual walker/hiker', then once you are registered you can create your own page and will be given your own link and you can be a leader for Team Arlo and intentionally bring in donations from your personal community
- Sharing Arlo's story has a ripple affect in impacting Arlo's future, all walkers/hikers who gather donations from friends, co-workers and family in the amount of $100 or more will recieve a special Team Arlo T-shirt.
To Donate: Click on the 'Donate to Team Arlo" button at the top of the page. Thank you so much for your support.
Arlo, Ben, and Lizzy