Griffin Grant is a smart, outgoing four-year-old boy who is always smiling and talking. He is so kind and has an amazing heart. He loves tractors, trucks, dinosaurs, playing outside, and running everywhere he goes!
Griffin was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis at birth. CF is a genetic, progressive, and eventually terminal disease that causes persistent lung infections and limits the ability to breathe over time. The mucus in your body is thick and sticky, instead of thin and loose, trapping bacteria in the lungs and plugging up ducts in the pancreas, liver, and intestines.
Throughout this CF journey, Griffin's been to countless doctors' appointments, been hospitalized four times, had two major GI surgeries, lost of his small intestines, dealt with severe GI issues, lung infections, tube feeds and multiple medication changes. Despite all those issues, Griffin has remained strong and resilient yet laid back and at peace. He is a true warrior, or shall we say Gladiator!
Many people have asked how they can help; therefore, Griffin's Gladiators was created. The hope is to raise awareness of this disease, help share his story and create a support system for Griffin and his family. We aim to find a cure for Cystic Fibrosis for Griffin and the entire CF community by raising money for research and the CF Foundation. Your donations help fund research that puts miracle drugs in the hands of children with CF. Right now, there is a corrector drug for 90% of patients with CF, but we can't stop yet! The other 10% need a corrector drug to help them. Please consider making a donation to the CF Foundation and help us add more tomorrows.
IMPORTANT NOTE ON ATTENDANCE AT FOUNDATION EVENTS:
To reduce the risk of COVID-19 the Foundation is taking steps to host safe events for our community. Please be advised that events may be subject to change at any time based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health officials.
To help minimize the risk of COVID-19, we ask that attendees at CF Foundation events follow these steps:
Where mandated, practice physical distancing and maintain at least a safe 6-foot distance from persons outside of their household.
Face masks are encouraged and should be worn in accordance with local guidelines. (Note, children under two years of age should not wear masks due to safety concerns and therefore should only attend outdoor CF Foundation events where they are able to distance and stay within their family group.)
Follow basic infection, prevention and control practices by regularly washing hands with soap and water or with an alcohol-based hand gel, and by covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue or your inner elbow.
Persons with CF should consult their physician before participation in any in-person event as they may be at an increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19.
For indoor events, it is CFF policy to invite only one person with CF to be in-person at the event at a time. For outdoor events, people with CF should maintain a safe 6-foot distance from persons outside of their household at all times.
FOR YOUR SAFETY AND THE SAFETY OF OTHERS:
For the health and well-being of the CF community, we strongly encourage that participants be fully vaccinated and have received the CDC recommended booster shot when joining us in-person for the event.
Please be advised certain localities and venues may require you to be fully vaccinated and show proof of vaccination. We will communicate these requirements in event communications.
We are counting on the fact that you appreciate the potential consequences of exposing members of the CF community to COVID-19 and will not attend an event if you are feeling ill or have been recently exposed to COVID-19.
We cannot guarantee that all people in attendance at the event, including participants, sponsors, volunteers, vendors, or others, have been fully vaccinated.