Hello friends and family!
Thank you for visiting my personal fundraising page for my team, TEAM BREEZY! I am so excited to get out ther and walk/fundraiser for a cure that is so important to both my family and me. I would love if you could join us at the walk in Sacramento on May 2nd.
In case you're unfamiliar with CF, here are a few facts...
- There are approximately 30,000 Americans living with cystic fibrosis and I am one of them.
- There are many variations of the disease, stemming from several different genetic mutations involved, but most of those with CF struggle every day just to breathe.
- Life expectancy is dependent upon several factors, but the newest data predicts that patients in the U.S. born between 2013 and 2017 can expect to live into their mid-40s! This is a HUGE improvement from what used to be considered a "childhood disease" because children with CF did not typically survive to adulthood.
- There is no current cure for CF, but there have been amazing breakthroughs in medications and treatments over the last few years... only made possible by the fundraising done through the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation!!
WE NEED A CURE and YOU CAN HELP! But how!?!?
1. Register to walk for Team Breezy on May 4th in Sacramento! Great Strides is a fun, family-friendly event that raises awareness and support for people with CF and their families. I will walk for all the warrior “CFers” out there and hope you will support me in my efforts. You can register by following the prompts at this webiste.
2. Can't join the walk?! No problemo! You are welcome to make a donation on this page. Help me reach my fundraising goal by donating to my Great Strides fundraising campaign. Your gift will help add tomorrows to the lives of people with cystic fibrosis by supporting life-saving research and medical progress. Your gift is 100-percent tax deductible.
3. Purchase a Team Breezy shirt!!! I encourage all walkers to don this shirt at the walk. Please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the size chart and how to place your order. Profits from the shirt will go to the CF Foundation and what's equally wonderful is that when you wear this shirt to the gym or around town, it is a convesation-starter about CF and why we walk... for a cure! Can't make the walk because you live far from Sacramento, but still want to make a difference and spread awareness... order a Team Breezy shirt through me and I will ship it to you! I am so excited to be doing team shirts for the second year ever and hope to see them all around town and beyond!!
THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!!!!