Hello everyone! It's our 11th Annual participation in the CF Foundation Great Strides walk and fundraiser. We did a great job last year but need to raise the bar to help find the cure! We are at it again to reach out for the 2023 Portland Great Strides walk for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CFF). We are looking forward to the Walk returning in person this year on Saturday, May 20th at Oaks Park!
We need your help to make our fundraising goal! Your efforts will be used to support the Foundation's mission of finding a cure and improving the lives of those with CF, like mine. Your gift is 100% tax deductible and the CFF is rated 4 out of 4 stars by Charity Navigator, meaning more of your contribution goes to the cause rather than administration. Please help us by donating to my team.
I have a new blessed lease on life and will be 4 years post Double Lung Transplant at the time of the walk! That's amazing. We are grateful to the University of Washington Medical Center (UWMC), with Dr. Mulligan and Team, and especially my Donor Family. While my transplant has been a success it is not an answer and more need your help. The transplant was a great success and I continue to be doing miraculously! Previous donations aided in the research that released the new drug treatment of Trikafta that is also greatly improving the lives of 90% of those inflicted with CF. And we don’t want to forget the other 10% waiting for their chance at a new treatment option too. Please help us fight the fight!
Donating is easy and secure. Any amount that you can contribute is greatly appreciated. Your support matters! Please dont forget about Company Matching too!
Thank you for supporting Willem and I and our Great Strides fundraising efforts.
CF should stand for CURE FOUND not Cystic Fibrosis
All our love and gratitude,
Willem and Kathy Wery
Team Wery Warriors
Check out this video about Willem’s journey...just copy and paste to your browser.
Connect With Us
IMPORTANT NOTE ON ATTENDANCE AT FOUNDATION EVENTS:
Updated June 15, 2022. To reduce the risk of COVID-19 the Foundation is taking steps to host safe events for our community. Please be advised that events may be subject to change at any time based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health officials.
To minimize the risk of COVID-19 infection, we ask that attendees at CF Foundation events follow these steps:
FOR YOUR SAFETY AND THE SAFETY OF OTHERS: