Welcome to my Page
So Why Am I Biking?
My son Jack and all other individuals in the world fighting cystic fibrosis (CF). Because CF is so rare, it receives no federal funding. Jack's future falls on individual donors such as you and I to find him a cure. Currently the median age is ~41. I'm nearly there myself and I know that's not long enough. While I rely on researchers and doctors to make the breakthroughs and treat Jack - I know they rely on funding such as this to help find a cure and future treatments. Jack is now age 6 and thriving. Jack and his sister Taylor (3 years and CF carrier) are the highlight of my day and life and deserve to live long healthy lives. Jack never takes a day off and always does his therapy of (airway clearance, nebulizer treatements, enzymes before meals, vitamins, and other medicines as required). Jack is my hero and is unable to take advantage of breakthrough drugs (i.e. Trikafta, etc.) because Jack's mutations are not considered to benefit.
Chances are if you found yourself reading this page, you know me, my wife Bridget, and/or our son Jack or somehow are connected to us through our amazing groups of friends, family, work, or perhaps you've read Jack's blog which I have not done a good job at updating.
If you don't know us and stumbled across this page via word of mouth, or saw it on a t-shirt or koozie, or something, then hopefully you'll join our team and help us in fighting cystic fibrosis.
Our Small, Cost-Free Ask
Join Jack's Team - Sign up!
Regardless if you walk or plan to walk, run, cycle, signing up...
- Let's Jack, Bridget, Taylor, and I know you have Jack's back in the fight against CF
- Keeps you informed on cystic fibrosis
- Keeps you informed on new drug developments that hopefully saves his and 70,000 others' lives worldwide (30,000 Americans) who are living with the disease
Want to do more?
Since simply joining Jack's team is not enough...
- Donate - make a 100% tax deductible, charitable donation while joining Jack's team. No dollar amount is too small and we'll personally thank you. When donating, check to see if your employers matches contributions. Many companies do. In addition to money, some events also allow for other items to be donated on behalf of for future fundraising initiatives with minimum bid requirements so if that's something you're interested in, please contact me and I'll put you in touch with the people who can help us set that up as well.
- Volunteer - Sort of tough given the current COVID19 situation, but once this time passes...I'll tell you all about it some cool, upcoming events.
- Host Your Own Virtual Event(s) - Not sure how best to do this, but I'll ask around. Maybe we can do a Virtual HH and raise some funds for a good cause?
- Tell A Friend / Family Member - The more people that are aware, the better.
- Join Cycle for Life Strava Club - https://www.strava.com/clubs/cffmetrodccycle2020
This page will remain up for the entire year so if at any point you want to make a donation or develop a fund raising idea which is associated to Jack, then you'll have no trouble.
For those of you looking to learn more about the disease.
There are approximately 30,000 Americans living with cystic fibrosis. They are moms, dads, sisters, brothers, daughters, sons, friends and co-workers who struggle every day just to breathe. I walk for them and hope you will support me in my efforts.
Real progress has been made (check out Trikafta and the results for many) in the search for a cure, but the lives of people with CF are still cut far too short. There still is no cure for this devastating disease.
Please support me!
Help me reach my fundraising goal by donating to our fundraising campaign. Your gift will help add tomorrows to the lives of people with cystic fibrosis by supporting life-saving research and medical progress. Your gift is 100-percent tax deductible.
My Personal Web Log