We Won’t Stop Until CF Stands for Cure Found
While we won’t be together in person, we can be together in spirit—showing the strength of our community and passion to find a cure for all people living with cystic fibrosis. During times of uncertainty and volatility, your dedicated support gives us confidence as we stay on course to achieve our mission.
While the CF Foundation has suspended in-person events through the end of June, the cystic fibrosis community is finding new ways to come together. Please save the date for a national, virtual Great Strides walk and celebration of the CF Foundation’s 65th anniversary on Friday, June 5. Join thousands of others from the CF community on 65 Roses Day to celebrate 65 years of progress.
Looking for something to do while you practice social distancing? Here’s a few steps you can take now to show your support and connect with your local community.
- Participate Virtually. Create your own at-home event – go for a walk in your neighborhood, hop on your treadmill, or spin on your bike. Maybe even start a dance party with your family at home. We know this is a hard time for families across the U.S. and globe, but you can do something to help others while staying safe.
- Recruit. You can recruit others to participate in a virtual event with you as a member of your team.
- Fundraise. You can continue fundraising online by leveraging the tools in the Great Strides Participant Center, the mobile app, and Fundraise on Facebook to reach your goal. If you have cash donations that you were planning on delivering on walk day, please convert those donations into a check. You can send checks to our Centralized Revenue Processing center by going to your participant center and scroll to the bottom of the page. Click on Offline Donation Form. Make checks/money orders payable to: Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. If you have further questions, contact your local chapter.
- Show Others You Care. Share how you’re participating by posting a selfie on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Make sure to tag the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (@CF_Foundation) and use the hashtag #GreatStrides to keep the energy and momentum going strong!
- Share your Strides Pride. Wear your Cystic Fibrosis Foundation branded apparel, custom team t-shirt, or a past Great Strides shirt while you walk, run, or ride. This year’s Great Strides t-shirts will be available for any participant who has raised $100 or more when the Foundation’s offices reopen. Check out all the rewards available through our Great Strides recognition program— our way of saying thank you for all that you do.
Thank you Sponsors!
Finally, we want to thank our generous national and regional sponsors, who continue to help advance our mission. A special thank you to our gold national sponsor, AbbVie, our silver national sponsor, Vertex, our bronze sponsors, Genentech and Gilead, and our regional sponsor, Mylan.
Questions? If you have any questions, please contact your local chapter or email firstname.lastname@example.org.