While real progress toward our mission has been made, the lives of people with CF are still cut far too short. We need your support to help add tomorrows for all people living with the disease. Every hiker who joins us makes a difference!
Once you’ve registered for Xtreme Hike, it’s time to start your fundraising campaign!
Raising funds is easy once you get started. Follow these simple steps, and you’ll be well on your way to meeting and exceeding your fundraising goal!
- Make a donation to yourself. It’s a great way to show your supporters that you are committed to the cause.
- Select your personal fundraising goal. Set a goal of at least $650 to become a top hiker, or set a goal of $2,000 or more to become a top team.
- Ask your friends and family to support the cause by registering to hike with you or by making a donation. The more support you have, the easier it will be to reach your goal.
- Download the Fight CF mobile application to: send messages to your supporters through texts, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn, and email, track your physical activity and progress compared to fellow participants, easily deposit check donations, and access your phone contacts to make personal asks.
- Team T-Shirts -- Stand out on event day with team t-shirts. By registering for this event you are allowed to use the event logo per the Participant Logo Use Agreement* at the bottom of this page. You can use the agreement to show your t-shirt printer if they have any concerns about using the event trademarked logo. Contact your local office/event coordinator if you have any questions or issues.
Registering - We have dozens of Xtreme Hike events all across the country; contact your local Xtreme Hike event to learn how to register for Xtreme Hike and start your fundraising today!
FAQs - Get the answers to the most frequently asked questions about Xtreme Hike, such as how to login to your account, how to earn a hike shirt, and what happens if it rains on hike day.
Facebook Fundraising – Create a Facebook Fundraiser through your Participant Center and have funds raised through Facebook directly credited to your personal fundraising page.
Mobile App Videos - Walkthrough our Fight CF mobile app and learn how to fundraise more on the go.
Fundraising Guide - Download this helpful guide, full of fundraising tips for a successful campaign.
Jeans for Genes Day - Learn how to organize a Jeans for Genes Day fundraising event at your workplace.
Passion Fundraising - Get ideas on how to raise money based on your interests and hobbies.
Matching Gifts - Learn how you can double, even triple, your donations to Xtreme Hike through your employer’s matching gift program.
Rewards - Check out our Xtreme Hike recognition items - our way of saying thanks for all you do.
Prizes - Learn about our exciting array of fundraising prizes, which is just our way of saying thanks for all you do.
CFF RESTRICTED LOGO USE PARTICIPANT ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
* Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CFF), grants to Participant a revocable, nonexclusive license to use the Logo in connection with this Event. Participant shall not use the Logo in any manner except as expressly set forth herein from the date of registering for this event to the Event date. Participant agrees to use the Logo only, in connection with the Event, to be printed on merchandise purchased by the Participant for fundraising associated with the Event and further agrees not to use the Logo in connection with any other sponsors whose logo or brand may be deemed to be offensive, defamatory or vulgar. All references to the Logo shall mean the logo associated with the Event. Participant agrees not to use the CFF’s Logo in a manner inconsistent with proper trademark use, or in any manner that tarnishes the name or reputation of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Participant agrees to comply with any requirements established by CFF concerning the style, design, display and use of the Logo with every use of the Logo. Participant agrees to send CFF the website link or other relevant materials upon completion of adding the Logo to any promotional materials or third-party sites as part of the fundraising. Participant shall also comply with requests from CFF for additional information, documents, or specimens concerning its use of the Logo. Participant agrees to modify or terminate any use of the Logo within 10 days of notice by CFF that, in its sole discretion, such use is not approved. Participant agrees that ownership of the Logo and the goodwill relating thereto shall remain vested in CFF both during the period of this license and thereafter. Participant agrees never to challenge, encourage a third-party challenge, or support any challenge to CFF’s ownership of the Logo. Participant agrees to promptly inform CFF of the use of any marks similar to the Logo and any potential infringements of CFF's Logo that come to Participant’s attention. Participant represents and warrants that it shall not use the Logo in any way that, directly or indirectly, raises any revenue for Participant. Participant and CFF agree that this license shall be royalty-free, except that Participant agrees that any proceeds that it collects from volunteer fundraising activities in connection with the Event or use of the Logo shall be donated to CFF. Nothing herein shall be construed as an endorsement by CFF of the Participant or the Participant’s business or activities.
In This Section
Why I Hike
Dana Trokey shares her story about becoming involved with Xtreme Hike and how she draws inspiration her daughter, Isabelle, who lives with CF.
Donate to a Hiker or Team
Search for a hiker or team to make a donation, or make a general donation.