About Xtreme Hike
In just one day, a dedicated team of Xtreme Hikers will hike a stretch of 25 miles to help raise funds and awareness for the CF Foundation's mission to find a cure for cystic fibrosis.
Cystic fibrosis is a fatal genetic disease that affects the lungs and digestive systems of 30,000 children and adults in the U.S. More than 10 million Americans are carriers of the defective CF gene. The average life expectancy of someone with CF is about 37 years. There is no cure.
THE JOURNEY STARTS THE MOMENT YOU SIGN UP
Included in your Support Package:
- Three month training program
- Weekly team hikers in and the DC Metro area
- Accommodations for 3 days and 2 nights near the trailhead
- Transportation to and from the trial on Hike day
- Aid stations along the trail stocked with food and hydration
- XTREME HIKE wicking shirt
- Pre-Hike Pasta Party
- Post-Hike Celebration Dinner & Reception
- Victory & Awards Breakfast
Each hiker is asked to meet the suggested fundraising minimum of $2,500. Upon registration, hikers will be asked to make a $100 registration donation which will be credited to your fundraising goal.
Join us at an information session to learn more!
- Saturday, February 22nd at 3pm at Dogfish Head Alehouse in Falls Church, VA
- Saturday, March 1st at 3pm at Dogfish Head Alehouse in Gaithersburg, MD
If you are interested in
attending an Information Session, please contact
Erin Leahey, Development Director, at (301) 657-8444 ext. 201 or email@example.com
Join us as an XTREME HIKE Partner
It is with great honor that we invite your company to join us as a partner of the 2014 XTREME HIKE program. The Hike has quickly become a popular event among athletes and outdoor enthusiasts from the DC Metro region and beyond. It is only through the generosity of volunteers and community-minded businesses that it will continue to grow and help fund life-saving CF research.
For more information, please contact Erin Leahey, Development Director, at (301) 657-8444 ext. 201 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer for Xtreme Hike
Would you like to join the volunteer team or do you know someone who would enjoy being a part of a winning team? There are many skill-enhancing and fun volunteer opportunities to experience. The contribution of each volunteer helps make Xtreme Hike more enjoyable and it helps raise funds to cure cystic fibrosis.Become a Volunteer