Our Great Strides Story
- Holly and Veronica Grosse would like to invite you to help us keep Samantha's Memory alive! Please help Holly while Veronica is away at college to continue this walk! They both would like to continue to keep saving lives through finding a CURE for Cystic Fibrosis! Please consider donating any amount you can or coming out to the walk this year!
- Hello, Veronica Grosse, I am in my freshman year at Coastal Carolina University in South Carolina and from Lansdale, PA. I decided to make a team for Great Strides in 2010 because, sadly in November of 2009, my beautiful sister and best friend (Samantha Grosse) passed away from the disease at the age of 22. She fought CF for every one of her twenty-two years and always kept her hopes and head high. Even though she spent 30-40 days a year in the hospital she rarely complained. Her smile and positive attitude could light up a room. Her ongoing strength, love of life, and battle for life is the reason I am doing this - and to spread the hope, love, and faith Sam had. My goal is to raise money to cure this terrible disease. Sam's moto was "Where there's a will, there's a way." She proved to me that this quote was how we should live, and if you have that will, you can do anything.
- Over the past 7 years i was very successful and raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for the CF foundation, with the support of many schools and even famous celeberties. I had about 700 people come out to walk that all together, and many others just donating and supporting in many other ways. I even spoke at schools and events to promote my walk. It also became quite national, having people from all over the country support my team and the cause. I also had newspapers in Florida and Pennsylvania, and a TV show on MTV hear me out. It was inspiring to me, all the people that also wanted to help me make a difference.
- Our team is called "Sam's Story" , after my big sister, and a Facebook page I made in honor of her (be sure to check it out and become a fan of that page). My efforts have also gained attention nation wide.
- My sister Samantha fought for twenty two long years with the disease, and always kept her hopes and head high. The reason I am doing this is to spread the hope, love, and faith Sammy had for all, and to raise money to cure this terrible disease. Her moto was "Where there's a will, there's a way." These are words I also try to strive to live by day by day. I set my goal high for this walk, and with your help, we can reach our goal this year of $30,000. Our team is called "Sam's Story", after my big sister, and a Facebook page i made in honor of her. Be sure to go in and become a fan of that page. THE 2014 WALK WILL BE AT 9:00AM ON MAY 20TH (SATURDAY) AT LAKE NOCKAMIXON in BUCKS COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA.I also created a website called samsstorycf.org, so check that outAnd i also put together a video after my very first walk, so it is a little out dated, but shows why I fight. its only about three minutes and it shows more of what i do and why i do it. You can look at that if you copy and paste the following link into the address bar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIpbKM7WjGQMaking a donation is easy and secure! Just click the "Click to Donate" button on this page to go to make a donation that will be credited to my team. Any amount you can donate is greatly appreciated!
- Cystic fibrosis (CF) is a devastating genetic disease that affects tens of thousands of children and young adults in the United States. Research and care supported by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is making a huge difference in extending the quality of life for those with CF. However, we continue to lose precious lives to CF every day. That's why your help is needed now more than ever to ensure that a cure is found sooner - rather than later. To learn more about CF and the CF Foundation, visit www.cff.org.FIGHT CF!!!"We little knew that day, God was going to call your name. In life we loved you dearly, In death, we do the same. It broke our hearts to lose you.You did not go alone. For part of us went with you, The day God called you home. You left us beautiful memories, Your love is still our guide. And although we cannot see you, You are always at our side. Our family chain is broken, And nothing seems the same,But as God calls us one by one,The chain will link again."
- There are approximately 30,000 Americans living with cystic fibrosis. They are moms, dads, sisters, brothers, daughters, sons, friends and co-workers who struggle every day just to breathe. We walk for them. Will you join us? All we need you to do to become a member of our team is click on the "Join our Team" button. From there you can make a donation and start your fundraising.
- By becoming a member of our team and making a donation, you are joining a growing group of people committed to finding a cure for cystic fibrosis. Together, we are adding tomorrows to the lives of people living with CF by supporting the search for a cure.